Now that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are officially engaged, people are already speculating about their wedding. We know when - in May - and where - St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle, so we want to talk about the important part - the food! If the happy couple plans their wedding menu around their preferences and royal protocol, here’s what we might see at their spread.
- Traditional English food - The royal couple may serve twists on old English favorites like fish cakes, or mini Yorkshire puddings, like big brother William and his bride Kate
- Some of Meghan’s childhood faves - She has said the one food that reminds her of home is turkey meatloaf like her mom used to make. So maybe mini meatloaves for nostalgia’s sake.
- But you probably won’t see shellfish - Because of concerns about allergies and food poisoning, the royal family has been advised to avoid shellfish.
- And no S’mores either - Prince Harry recently shared that he’s never had roasted marshmallows, so this fancy wedding reception probably won’t have them either.
- There could be a killer late-night snack bar - Meghan has admitted her love for French fries and while filming “Suits” in Canada, she became a fan of local favorite poutine - fries covered in gravy and cheese curds.
- The wine list will be out of control - Markle’s now defunct website The Tig was named for her favorite kind of wine, Tignanello, and she’s also into French Cabernets, and pinot noir from Oregon.
- And don’t forget a massive cake - Tradition tells us this cake will be epic. Prince Charles and Princess Diana served a total of 27 cakes, one that was five-feet tall. And Prince William and Kate’s cake had eight tiers, so Harry and Meghan’s will surely be over the top as well.