When 12-year-old Lila Szojka was sharing a meal with her grandmother at an Applebee’s in Ohio, her grandmother started choking on her baked potato. Luckily, the Girl Scout had recently learned CPR and first aid training with her troop, so she knew just what to do.
Lila used the Heimlich maneuver on her grandmother and it saved her life. She was recently recognized for her courageous actions with a special ceremony where she was given the National Lifesaving Girl Scout Award.
This proud Girl Scout encourages other girls to join for the valuable lessons they teach and she’s very humble about saving her grandma’s life. She says, “I don’t feel like a hero because I’ve seen other people do incredible things.
Source: Fox News