All Elite Wrestling star Lio Rush revealed he "will become a free agent" next month in a tweet shared on his verified account Saturday (January 22) morning.
"On February 14th, 2022 my contract will expire with AEW and I will become a free agent," Rush shared alongside a photo of himself. "For all booking inquiries please email LioRushNow@gmail.com."
Rush hasn't appeared on AEW television since the Dynamite live event on December 8.
The 27-year-old has, however, since appeared in matches for New Japan Pro Wrestling, DEFY and VXS and is scheduled to compete at GameChangerWrestling's The WRLD on GCW event at Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City on Sunday (January 23).
Rush also previously announced his involvement iThe Wrestling REVOLVER's upcoming Swerve's House event on April 16.
The Maryland native was involved in a mentorship angle with rising star Dante Martin prior to his last AEW appearance.
Martin and Rush had teamed together for several weeks before Martin agreed to join Team Taz, but was later revealed to have been infiltrating the group during Rush's last Dynamite appearance.
Rush recently provided public criticism of AEW president, CEO and general manager Tony Khan over his boss' social media spat with former AEW star Big Swole.
Swole, a Black woman, reflected on her time with the company during an episode of her Swole World show and said what she viewed as a lack of diversity in top spots of the company was among the main factors in her 2021 departure.
Khan, the son of Pakistani-American billionaire Shahid Khan, responded by pointing out that he and fellow executive Megha Parekh are "brown" and named several Black wrestlers who had recently won matches on television while quote-tweeting Fightful's article on Big Swole's comments.
Rush was among several Black wrestlers who criticized Khan's response and spoke out in defense of Big Swole, tweeting that he was "not cool with any of this s*** to be honest" and "if nobody says something, then I will. Because this is f****d up and now I'm pissed."
Rush later shared a follow-up statement saying he spoke with both Khan and Parekh and planned to work with AEW in its efforts to address diversity issues.
“I want this to be clear… I do not consider this to be a diversity issue, and I at no point have thought or said that AEW or Tony is racist,” Lio Rush wrote via WrestlingInc.com. “We can all clearly see that wrestling as a whole and the AEW roster is perpetually diverse. The issue at hand was a racial insensitivity issue.
“Having spoken to Tony and Megah, we have discussed the endeavors to further understand the struggles of the black community. I am grateful to be able to understand more about Tony and Megah’s own ethnic backgrounds and glad that they are actively seeking input from an African American perspective. I am proud to work for a boss and company that try to make these strides in social equality,” Rush continues. “I look forward to working with Tony to keep making steps towards positive change. I pray that 2022 is a year of positive change in all aspects. Happy New Year and GOD BLESS. #BeTheChange”
Rush signed with AEW in September 2021 after making a sporadic appearance as the Joker in the Double or Nothing Casino Battle Royal in May 2020.
The 27-year-old had previously competed for WWE's main roster and NXT shows, as well as Ring of Honor, Combat Zone Wrestling and other independent promotions.