Join us as we welcome back WINTERBLAST 22 with ice skating, ice bumper cars and all your favorite winter activities.
Kick-off includes an illuminated holiday parade to welcome Santa, beginning at 6:00 pm, on Main St in Downtown Akron between Cedar and Bowery St. Our traditional tree lighting and fireworks will follow the parade.
For the 17th winter, Akron Mayor Dan Horrigan and Lock 3, the City of Akron's downtown beacon of fun and entertainment, are thrilled to share details of the WinterBlast season, with reservations opening today for certain events and activities.
WinterBlast kicks off on Friday, November 26 with the Downtown Akron Partnership Tree Lighting Celebration. Come on down to Northeast Ohio’s most popular spot to ice skate and celebrate the holiday season with family-friendly events and attractions all winter. Returning are the Huntington Ice Skating Rink (Ohio’s largest outdoor seasonal ice skating rink), ice bumper cars, ice bikes, Great Lakes Construction Co. Indoor Polar Putt-Putt, the Polar Cub Rink, Archie the 22 ft. talking Snowman, LeBron James Family Foundation Lock 4 Light Show, Outdoor Igloos, and more.
Ice skating will be available for $5 and includes skates or $3 for bring-your-own skates, and concessions, including beer and wine, will be available all day. Rentals for the heated igloos and fire pits are available on Friday nights, Saturdays, and Sundays through the winter season. Igloos are $50 for 2 hours and fire pits are $15 per hour and include your own designated area with tables and chairs. Guests can bring their own food and non-alcoholic beverages or purchase a pre-determined package from Lock 3. Each igloo must be rented as a whole and can hold a maximum of 8 people.
To reserve your spot on any outdoor attraction, please visit Lock3Live.com.
Additional events are also available on Lock 3’s website:
- DOWNTOWN AKRON PARTNERSHIP TREE LIGHTING CELEBRATION: Fri., Nov. 26 | Festivities begin at 6:30 p.m. Join us for free hot chocolate and cookies, lighting of the City of Akron’s official tree, and fireworks thanks to Downtown Akron Partnership, and visit Santa and friends.
- BRIDGESTONE AMERICAS WELCOME SANTA HOLIDAY PARADE: Sat., Nov. 27 | Beginning at 10 a.m. at the corner of Main St. and Cedar St. and continuing towards Bowery St. join us for the 34th annual Welcome Santa Holiday Parade. Parade announcers will be stationed in front of Lock 3 announcing each unit as they go by. Bring a chair and grab a spot anywhere along the parade route to enjoy the festivities.
- BREAKFAST WITH SANTA: Sat., Dec. 11 and 18 | 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. AND Sun., Dec. 12 and 19 | 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. The event includes breakfast, entry to the Akron Children's Museum, ice skating, skate rental, Polar Putt-Putt, and photo opportunities with Santa. Presale tickets are available for $12 and day-of tickets will be $15 (children two and under are free).
- DINNER WITH THE GRINCH: Sat., Dec. 11 | 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. Enjoy the night with the Grinch and have dinner, putt-putt, dessert, and ice skating. Photo opportunities will be available as well as Grinchy contests. Spend some time talking with Akron's famous Archie the Snowman and finish your day ice skating on the Huntington Bank Ice Rink.
- TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLE PIZZA PARTY: Sat., Jan. 8, 2022: 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- LOCK 3 COTTAGE CRAWL BEER TASTING: Sat., Jan. 15, 2022: 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- SUPERHERO AND PRINCESS BREAKFAST: Sat. and Sun., Jan. 29 - 30, 2022: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- CHARACTER BREAKFAST: Sat. and Sun., Feb. 12 - 13, 2022: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
For a complete list of attractions, calendar, hours of operation, and to make reservations visit Lock3Live.com. For group sales, party packages, private rentals, and fundraising opportunities at Lock 3 call 330.375.2877 or e-mail inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A special thank you to Lock 3 sponsors: Great Lakes Construction, Huntington, Bridgestone Americas, Roetzel, Knight Foundation, LeBron James Family Foundation, Downtown Akron Partnership, Summit DD, and Akron/Summit Convention & Visitors Bureau.